I couldn't wait for Hudson to experience his first Easter egg hunt this year. I was going to go to our churches, VRL, but my childhood friend Sharon invited us to the Foothills Community egg hunt. It's smaller and they let the 2 and unders get an early start. Well, it was obvious that I was more excited that Hudson was because this picture sums up the experience....
That's right, he hated it. He cried and threw out what few eggs I could find.
Molly, Sharon's little girl, on the other hand loved it and the eggs!
Luckily Papa helped spur him on to look for eggs.
That's right, he even picked up a few and put them in the bucket. Thanks to Papa!
Molly & Hudson for their 2 minute photo op
Hudson was more interested in the fire trucks.
Daddy surprised us! He has been working long hours and Saturdays for the month of March, April & May. We were delighted!!!
Molly is such a delight and if she is let loose, she runs! Luckily Sharon caught up to her and the eggs:).
Ah, childhood memories at this Community Center from VBS every summer, church Pioneer Clubs, Youth Group and Huddy's baby shower.
Then Huddy found the swings...
So did Daddy:)
Then it was off to Nana & Papa's for lunch and nap. Afterwards we went on a four wheeler ride and a walk in the woods. What a nice day it was!
Hudson only wanted to be carried by Papa. Poor Papa! Then Papa suggested taking a break to sit down. Huddy loved finding all the rocks, leaves, flowers, sticks, you name it! Then he decided he wanted to walk too.
When we got back it was time for some Thomas love.
Then we died Easter eggs, so fun!
THe next morning I put out some eggs for Huddy. I was hoping they wouldn't infuriate him and they didn't:).
The hunt led him all the way downstairs to the ottoman where he had a present from Nana & Papa, Thomas Pez dispensors-ha!, and a Thomas egg. I found a few Thomas the Engine eggs at Target so he got Percy & Toby. He loved them and went right to work playing.










































Great pictures! I especially love the one of your dad carrying him during the walk. He looks so small and cuddly with his Papa. So cute.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it funny what they like and don't like?! Sometimes we go to do something that I think will be an instant hit and the girls think its a big dud, and other times they get excited over the smallest of things. Kids are funny! :)
What a delight to have this opportunity to peek in and watch reruns of the special moments in Hudson's life.
ReplyDeleteThanks Katie for doing such a wonderful job of keeping up this Blog.
Nana