Hudson has blossomed in so many ways! Right now some of my favorite sayings are:
~"Mommy watch this!"
~"I'm so proud of you"
~"You can do it Dadda!"
~"I can jump. Watch me jump Mommy!"
~"She's a good mommy" as he snuggles me. "I love my mommy."
~Most noises outside are daddy. "Daddy's home!" or "Daddy's mowing the lawn."
~Today Hudson was finishing up his lunch and threw some crust on the floor. I responded with "That's not a good choice." Then it was time for the potty and nap. On the potty I hear him saying "I threw my food and that's not a good choice! I made a bad choice."
~He loves "forts" right now. He will run up to me and say "Mommy, let's go in my fort now!"
~Last night Hudson was talking before bed and we heard "Uncle Jordan, Aunt Lissa, Baby Claire!"
~"I'm checking my email"
~"I'm all done"
~He often compliments himself with a "Good Job!"
~One of my favorites is "I love you with my whole heart"
~"I have feet!"
~"I want some breffast"
~Miss Lexie took the boys to the library for their Monday puppet show. A lady came in late and sat in front of him, blocking his view. Her pants were lower...She turns around and says "Oh my I bet you can't see" and Hudson replies with "I can see your butt." Ha ha.
~At Miss Lexie's, common phrases are "Mommy will pick me up after nap!" and "I would like toast please" and later on "I would like some hot chocolate with marshmallows please!" Hudson gets to pick what he wants for breakfast most days, and most days its toast. He knows what he wants. Each day when I pick him up, his face lights up and he runs towards me with the biggest smile. Best part of me day:).
~ We still quote the phrase "What's going on down there" when Huddy had his accident at Miss Lexie's at the park. She asked him "What's going on down there" and he replied with "I don't know what's going on down there." What a nut!
~Hudson used the phrase the other night "I need some space" meaning he wanted daddy to move away from the ottoman. He has heard this from me:( but used the term correctly so I"m proud:). This has been used when he is playing in his tent with daddy. Then there are times he says "I want you in my tent mommy, daddy!" "You want to come in the tent with me." We reply with "I do?"
Favorite Activities:
~He is full of snuggles, hugs, and kisses. I love 2! Especially when we are reading or watching a Veggie Tales:).
He is really into the Little Einstein's right now. He asks to watch them daily:). He loves to build towers with his legos and he uses the phrase "My legos are like the Eiffel Tower" this is from Einsteins.
He sings the Leap Frog song: "Every Letter Makes A Sound" and he knows almost all his letters and sounds. I will often quiz him (for fun) and say "What does M say." He replies with "M says mmmm."
He can find random letters in no specific order. For example we'll say "Find D for Daddy. M for Mommy. J for Uncle Joe. P for Papa or N for Nana." He can find them all and tell me their sounds. He is just a little sponge right now. He is always asking to play with his "letters." It's quite the hot toy right now:).
He will often ask if he can paint:).
Even in the tub:)
For this he said " I was coloring so fast!" He now knows how to make circles too.
He LOVES to read. We do this in the morning (before work), in the evenings, and before bed. He really likes Nana's "red book" of nursery rhymes.
~He is in love with his pumpkin from Halloween. He fills it with cars, toys, trains, you name it. Sometimes there is even a treat or two in it:).
Routines:
Hudson is a great sleeper still; even with out a crib! He says in his bed all through the night.
He is fully potty trained and had a few accidents in late October. Another funny saying is "I have to go peeps and poops Mamma!"
He is in daycare full time at a small in-home up the street from us. He loves going there to see Miss Lexie! He has so much fun with weekly field trips to fun places like Jump N Bounce, Mobius, Rosaurers touring the bakery, playdates in the park, and so on.
At Miss Lexie's he has certain routines for breakfast, lunch, and snack. My toddler gets 2-3 snacks after nap because apparently he is starved...well i don't know about that but if he misses a snack he is very upset.
Often times he will say "My mom will pick me up after nap" and I do always. I know he misses home and I feel guilty sometimes for working full time. When he has the choice to go see Papa on his tractor for a hay ride, Hudson's reply is "Let's stay home." He just wants to be at home. He's a home body and I love it. I know he misses being at home so I try not to plan too many activities on the weekends.
Hudson is very routine and likes things in certain orders:
From bananas to cars, you name it everything has a specific order. Don't mess with the order!
Fall was really fun this year with leaves, pumpkins, and outfits.
Hudson loves anything to do with cars or trains. His favorite train is this one:
He likes recognizing the letters and telling me their sounds. This is fun to him!
He is also into imaginary play.
Here he is making cookies. In his words "I'm making cookies to eat first."
He also has a new obsession, sock gloves!
Discipline:
Hudson isn't an angel 100% of the time. We've had quite the transition when mommy went back to work full time. It think most days he averaged 2-5 timeouts each afternoon/evening in Sept/Oct. Hudson does really well with choices. I give him two choices, both of which I'm ok with, and he usually choses the right one (the one I want, haha). For example, the potty became quite the issue this fall. I told him he can have a time out or go potty. You choose. Well he almost always chooses the potty! YAY!
This is my boy most days, an absolute delight! Daddy and I are so thankful for you and love you with our whole heart!
HE is growing so fast! I love checking the blog to see what he is learning every week. Aunt Tiff and Uncle Daryl Love you Hudson!!
ReplyDeleteHudson sounds like such a SMART, sweet boy!
ReplyDelete