3-4 is such a fun age. I'm thankful for this fun-loving, spirited little boy. He has the sweetest, most sensitive heart I know! He often is in tears if he's done something wrong or if he gets over tired. Don't get me wrong, he pushes the limits and tests my patience, but when he does, he gets upset. He gets upset if I get frustrated as well. Some mornings as we're heading to school, Hannah is losing it so I have to hurry him along and he gets sad. He tells me "Mommy, just don't get frustrated. It hurts my feelings." It also hurts his feelings when I make him eat his dinner and vegetables, lol.
Here is a year in review in pics:
 |
| Disneyland count down chain! |
 |
| Flowers for mommy |
 |
| Morning routines |
 |
| Scared at first of the characters |
 |
| To standing alone with the characters |
 |
| First ice cream truck experience |
 |
| Looking bigger day by day |
 |
| "Infinity and beyond!" |
 |
| Finally getting on Oasis Island, this took all summer! |
 |
| First time my boy was sick, really sick. I almost took him to the hospital |
 |
| Family hike at Priest |
 |
| Last day as a family of 3 |
 |
| Can I hold her? |
 |
| First reaction to Hannah |
 |
| Feeding the goats at the fair |
 |
| The Krispy Kreme hat didn't fit too well... |
 |
| He is still a messy eater…still…especially with nutella |
 |
| Reading to me! |
 |
| Arr! |
 |
| Picking out a Christmas tree |
 |
| Hudson got his own tree |
 |
| Christmas baking with nana |
 |
| Haak Christmas |
 |
| Visiting Grandpa in the barn |
 |
| Snow fun with Silas |
 |
| IPAD time |
 |
| Sledding at Priest |
 |
| Explaining about baby Jesus to Hannah |
 |
| North Pole cruise in Coeur D' Alene |
 |
| Christmas helper |
 |
| Learning to wash himself! |
 |
| Testing out his mask |
 |
| LOVE, LOVE, LOVES jumpy houses. Jump N Bounce is a weekly outing! |
 |
| Skies! |
Hudson is more "busy" now than he used to be. He likes to listen to his music, Pandora Veggie Tales or Disney station or The Rizers, and then he proceeds to dance with his "dancing rope" which is a black string.
Another favorite game is playing teacher. "Now you sit still mommy and don't talk. Make your letters on your pants and in the air, like this!" I always get in trouble for talking...
He's into a few actual games, UNO Moo and Candy Land.
He likes to copy his father
Or play games with daddy and Hannah. But he does like to win! We are learning to "lose" at times as well. It's rough!
He would go outside any day, any time of the week! I attribute this to Miss Lexie because they go on walks each morning for the kiddos who get on the bus. Here he is with our favorite neighbor Addison!
 |
| Morning walk |
 |
| Walking with Miss Lexie and the gang |
Most of all he loves playing with his sister. Hannah has to be near us at all times. Like when he's getting dressed in the morning, brushing teeth or eating breakfast.
 |
| Snuggling to morning cartoons |
 |
| Feeding Hannah all by himself |
 |
| Adding entertainment for Hannah |
I'm still amazed at his flexibility! I'm seriously considering gymnastic classes for him in the spring.
He continues to love school. There are a few mornings he wants to stay home but most of the time he's ready to see his friends. We are still working on his cutting, name writing, art and letter/word recognition. He loves the "at" words. Every time we switch to -an, -in, -it and so on he switches it back to -at.
 |
| Evidence that Nana has been to our house |
Huddy Sayings
~"This is not a competish" (competition)
~Points his finger at you and says the "f" sound (I'm guessing this is his version of swearing because he does it when he's annoyed…why the "f" sound, no clue!)
~After he's done on the potty I hear "shakin, shaken, shaken bake" to get all the peeps off
~Lately he's testing his boundaries, words and choices so he says often "Mommy, I'm sorry for not talking nice" or I hear "God says to listen to me" as he is scolding us for scolding him
~We were in Fred Meyer and he heard the intercom and he looks at me and says "Mommy, is God talking?"
~"I just love you so much!"
~He introduced Jared as "My daddy's husband." We laughed hard at this one because I always call Jared "husband" and he was trying to say "this is my daddy" or "mommy's husband"
~He's really identified with genders lately. For one NCAA basketball game he said "All the girls in the kitchen and the boys down here (by the tv)." So of course Jared has show him that boys can be in the kitchen and help out too.
~He liked skiing and said his favorite part was "watching the skiers and snowboarders" "so fun"
~
Favorites
~Playing "disappear" aka hide n seek
Disappear does include a flashing, glow in the dark necklace so it's easier to find him.
We do play hide n seek most evenings as a family. It's become a favorite.
He also really likes "safari" lately. I lay out all his little people animals and he finds them with a flashlight. We do this very often!
~Dressing up! But mainly wearing his superhero cape and mask
Just call him batman! It all started with Emery's birthday party in January and he wouldn't wear the mask but for a second at the party but then he started to wear it regularly at home. Which no morphed into dressing up at Mobius (unheard of because halloween costumes are a battle every year!) and celebrating St. Patrick's Day!
~Monster Trucks
Well, any kind of vehicle really but Monster Trucks are #1 right now, hence the Monster Truck birthday party:).
~ He still naps. They were every day and then every other but they are back to a consistent nap. If he doesn't nap, it's a short evening!
~Most of all he loves his sister! He asked to play and hold her. He can lift her up from the ground if she falls over but we encourage him to put his arms under her armpits to lift her up and not by the head…. He is so loving to her! My favorite is his silly rhyming word phase right now like "Cocka too too woo doo" and "Oodie, poodie, koodie, noodie." These silly words make Hannah laugh and squeal with delight. My cup overflows with love!
We are so blessed to have this little boy in our family, although he's not so little any more! He has really shot up in height! Thank you Hudson for your sweet, sensitive heart, caring feelings for others, love for your family and friends, your obedient nature, and most of all your laughter! Your smile warms a room and your personality is just so fun! Thank you for blessing us these 4 years! We love you!
 |
| Need I say more? |
So so sweet! I laughed out loud about shaken the peeps off! So funny. Love all the pictures. What a sweet little boy you have!
ReplyDelete