Monday, April 1, 2013

Weekend Fun

The Saturday before Easter we did our annual Easter egg hunt up at Foothills.  I love this egg hunt because its small (unlike our church's which was predicted at 4,000 kids this year!).  I get to see some good childhood friends and their kids.  I just love it!  This year there wasn't any snow either and it was so warm!  It was fabulous!

My lil guy all ready to get some eggs!

Hudson technically could have gone in the 0-3 category but since he'll be 4 in a week or so, we opted to put him with the bigger kids.  He's so docile I didn't know how he would do but...






He did great!  Matter of fact, he didn't even need us this year!  No tears but excitement!  

Hannah's purple egg


Showing daddy his loot
Yes, we even got more than 5 eggs this year and I didn't have to grab them and hoard them and drop them inconspiculously hoping he would pick them up. 


Loves the shades and his hoodie!

Checking out what's inside

We opened all our eggs there so they can recycle them for next year.   I was so proud  of our little man, he is growing up so fast!  He did a great job of finding eggs in a "cautious" manner.  Gotta love my "Pokey Puppy!"  

Then, if the morning hadn't been busy enough, we headed up to Mt. Spokane for Hudson's first trip to the ski mountain.  Pops got him these Lucky Bums skis that he heard about from a co-worker.  She said they also took her daughter up on a spring day, did a few "swishes" and headed in the lodge for a treat. So we thought we would expose him to "the mountain" in a positive way with little work and a reward:).



Probably my favorite picture of my boy!  He looks so grown up and ready to ski!
Daddy getting his boots on


I'm ready to go mom!

I think he was a bit overwhelmed by all the people, chair lifts, and Hawaiian fun that was going on around him.  He was so excited to see skiers and then he learned what a snow boarder was.  We told we don't like borders, ha ha wink!



Looking for Pops on the chair lift

Taking it all in

Getting ready to ski
My cautious boy was a bit hesitant.  It some convincing and bribing.
But eventually the skis were on!


Poking holes in the snow
So we hiked up and tried to get him to ski down.  The snow was very slushy and we did put him up the hill.  I think it was a bit much for him.  Plus every where we "skied" there were big foot print holes from people walking all over.  He was a but frustrated but I kept encouraging him and telling him 4 swishes and we'll be done! 




















Then he reached the bottom and he was happy to be done!  Jared had a fleeting thought he'd get to take him up the chair lift and they'd ski down the bunny hill (chair 5) but I knew better:).  We took him out of the skis and headed towards the pond.  It was Hawaiian days and the Pond Skim at Mt. Spokane.  This is so fun to watch, skiers and boarders trying to ride across the pond.  I felt bad for the first kid who was about 10.  He did't make it very far and then all the participants hiked up a bit further because they needed more momentum.  The first guy always has it the worst!

Close but not quite

Slowin' down

This guy made it!

The boarders were doing better than the skiers to my dismay

He made it!
Hudson's new favorite spot!

Our skiing reward-not the whole thing!

Watching all the participants try to cross the pond, we kept asking Hudson if he wanted his brownie for his hard work.  He kept saying "2 more skiers mommy, 2 more!"  He really enjoyed watching the Pond Skim, people and of course the great tunes playing.  What a fun day!   Hudson was a bit hesitant so I don't know if there will be skiing in our future for him next season, but we'll see.  You never know at this age because one minute they don't like something and the next they do!  He was very positive about it but I don't think he's ready to ski yet:).  We'll keep working on it slowly and patiently.  I love this boy!  Good job Hud bud!

No comments:

Post a Comment