Well obviously I'm winding down the end of my 6th year of teaching but that isn't where my mind is! My mind is on organizing my home. I have found some super cool blogs that have sucked me in and my house is being transformed as we speak. I will say this: I have an obsessive personality. When I'm focused on something, its all consuming! If we had all the money in the world, this house we be organized head to toe but alas, I'm taking my time. I'm now starting to organize a lot of the things I let go when we moved into our house almost 4 years ago this summer, craziness. When I got married, a light switched on and I became this clean, neat, organized person. Things I've let slide (because it was just the two of us) like the pantry or canning jars or our entry "junk" closet are now on my list of "to do's!"
Check out a few of my favorite blogs:
Sunny Side Up
I found Erin's blog first. If you look on the right hand side she has her favorite posts and some labels where you can head to your desired area of choice. It's also her family's blog too so you see lots of post of her kids, which I love. Plus she's a teacher, I LOVE her!
I Heart Organizing
From Erin's blog, Sunny Side Up, I found Jenn's. This is my new obsession. I have to check it daily! She gives great ideas and tutorials. She also features other people's homes to get ideas from as well. Again, check out her right hand column for popular posts and labels. My favorite is her entry closet and pantry posts! She also has lots of free printable templates like Household Projects, Pantry Templates, and so on.
Clean & Scentsible
This blog I'm newer too but the laundry room posts popped out at me. I like all her DIY projects.
Young House Love
This blog was linked to Jenn's, I Heart Organizing. She has tabs at the top and if you go to projects she is the one I'm going to follow for my curtains...I think:).
Organizing Junkie
Enough said! Read on her 52 weeks of Organizing. I have 14 projects off the top of my head to accomplish. She is really great at breaking it down and making each project seem simple. She also encourages you to use what you already have. I am a little anal and I like everything to matchy matchy so it usually costs me more:).
The Stories of AtoZ
This blog is a daily one as well. Currently Beth is doing a how to decorate series. Fabulous and all DYI. She shows you how to imitate and make your own Pottery Barn look.
That's My Letter
This blog is all about how to make things. She is the one where I"ll model Huddy's toy boxes from, book shelves, ledges, etc. She connects to another website that I visit frequently as well. Her products can be bought at ETSY but she shows you how to make them as well. Love it! I'm so motivated I might even learn how to work a saw and cut me some wood!
I've also been so encouraged to try and make a few things myself, or as some of you call it DIY. I like the idea of doing projects but I have a tendency to get very frustrated when things don't turn out just so. Anything crafty like scrap booking, sewing, or painting that involves a lot of detail, well it's frustrating to me. Let's just say, Hudson's last two birthday cakes, Jared had to come to the rescue. I get this idea of what I want and if it doesn't work, I get upset:(. My goal is this summer to learn how to make a few things and learn how to complete a few projects. Some ideas of what I want to accomplish are: make curtains (in our bedroom and dining room), two toy shelves for Huddy's room, add cupboards in our laundry closet, and learn how to make vinyl labels on my silhouette. Wish me luck friends!!! If you have any pearls of wisdom, do please share, mentor, or HELP me:).
No comments:
Post a Comment