Friday, August 17, 2012

VBS

I grew up loving Vacation Bible School (VBS) so when it comes to my church, I get giddy!  Well our church is big and they don't start VBS until age 5 so I went to my parent's church.  Hudson was supposed to be 4 and since he is 3, I decided to stick around all day.  There were even a couple 2 year olds and boy were they a handful!  I did lots of potty breaks, took care of crying kiddos, and lifting up and down.  Boy was I tired after this full week!

Last year we were in the middle of potty training so we missed a lot of "activities".  This year was much better!  The first day went well.  I was afraid he would cling to me and want his "mamma" the whole time, but he didn't!  Here he is with a cutie doing the craft:).

Hudson just wanted to play so I told him he could after craft time:).


The best part of VBS is Hudson is in Miss Darlene's class with Mr. Steve and Geri (one of my best friends).  It was so fun to be with them all day for a week!


Off to the games!


Bubbles are always a classic!




Then it was missionary story time.  This is always challenging with our group because of their age.  You can see what Hudson thought of it...



Hudson bonded with Mr. Steve:).  


We ended the day in our room for Bible story time and where we practiced our verses.




Then we ended each day across the street for songs.  This was by far Hudson's favorite part!  You can see our group was large:).


Hudson loved putting offering into the "Boys" can for our missionary family.


Mr. Steve Love:)


Flinn love:).


Geri love:).
There were a few times when Hudson thought he could do his "own thing."  He liked to stand on chairs or in the middle of the two kidney tables pushed together.  Now, he might not of done these things if I weren't there…but who knows!  He is also that kid that copies what the teacher says so he gets the right answer.  If we were talking about trusting God, Hudson would pipe in and interrupt with a comment about trusting God.  I have "that kid!"  LOL.


Song time!  I know he looks uninterested but he really is!


Finally he was up on stage...


Then the kids were asked to sit back down and my kiddo decided to do his own thing:



Just some fun favorite picks at VBS:







The last two are of the program night on Thursday.  Hudson was sitting up on the stage during the slide show (when no one else was) but as soon as all the kids went up to sing, he wouldn't go up.  He sat in his seat and watched but as you saw in the video he did know the songs and motions.  I guess he likes to do things on his own timing:).  Oh age 3, you keep me on my toes!

It was a wonderful week playing with new friends and seeing the Flinns (Steve, Darlene, and Geri).  We were all blessed by the ministry Foothills has.

Remember:  "Everything is possible with God." Luke 1:37 and Trust God!
It was good for me to hear these truths as well:).  

1 comment: