It's neat to see how all the sudden a child just "clicks" and gets things academically, physically, emotionally and so on. Hudson has known his abc's and sounds since 2, which seems to be a bragging point amount mammas out there:). I'm truly amazed he knew them so early! The last year I worked with him at home and he was sort of into school but not showing much interest. Well recently, he's clicked and he's reading! Of course I have a whole kindergarten classroom just lying around here so I whipped out some Bob books for my mom to read with him. She told me he read the first book, Mat. Honestly, I didn't believe her. But he can:
Then we progressed to some harder ones. He can read them, sounding out words slowly, but that's how you learn! We often re-read the same books for fluency but it's a delight to hear him read and laugh at the funny parts. I love the connections he makes as well!
Can you see his little personality shining through? His lucky kindergarten teacher:).
Way to go Hudson! How exciting that the world of words is now open to you!
ReplyDeleteGood job! We are SO proud of you, Young Man!
ReplyDelete